Good news, bad news.
- Posted in:
- Cross Country
- RV Troubles
First the bad news:
1. The motor home has a leak… well, 4 leaks to be exact. Or at least we think it’s 4, it could be more but definitely not less.
2. It’s been raining for almost 2 solid days with more rain in the forecast tomorrow.
3. I hit a deer in the van. Jeff and I were driving separately, me in the van and Jeff in the motorhome. Why? Because we were driving through mountains in the rain and the towing can be tough on the motorhome. After the thunderous sound it made on the van, I discovered I was missing the drive side mirror.
4. At the exact same time I was hitting the deer, Freya decided it was a great time to test the locks in the motorhome by opening the door. The lock failed and the door opened. So Jeff and I were simultaneously freaking out a bit over 2 completely separate events.
The good news:
1. After talking to people about our leak problems, apparently this is very common. It seems that everybody who owns a motorhome has had a leak at some point. And 4 leaks is better than 10.
2. After tomorrow the weather warms up into the 70s again.
3. I didn’t kill the deer, so Korben tells me. I couldn’t look back but he did.
4. I only lost the side mirror. Deer have been known to cause way more damage than just mirror troubles.
I’m trying desperately to look on the bright side of these series of events. What else is a girl to do?